NIGERIA-US AIRSTRIKES WIPE OUT 175 ISIS TERRORISTS IN NORTH-EAST

GREATRIBUNETVNEWS–DHQ confirms senior commander killed, terror networks destroyed
Key Issues:
1. 175 ISIS Terrorists Killed in Joint Operation
_”Defence Headquarters, on Tuesday, disclosed that joint counterterrorism operations conducted in collaboration with the United States Africa Command have resulted in the killing of 175 ISIS terrorists in North-East Nigeria.”
2. Strikes Destroy Checkpoints, Weapons and Financial Networks
_”The joint strikes have resulted in the destruction of ISIS checkpoints, weapons caches, logistical hubs, military equipment and financial networks used to sustain terrorist operations.”
3. *Senior ISIS Leader Eliminated*
_”The operations have also resulted in the elimination of several senior ISIS leaders, including Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, one of the most significant ISIS operatives in the world.”
4. DHQ Says Operation Marks ‘Significant Progress’
_”The DHQ said the coordinated strikes marked significant progress in ongoing operations against terrorist elements in the region.”
The DHQ said Al-Minuki played a key role in ISIS external operations, coordinating terrorist financing, recruitment, logistics, and attack planning targeting Nigerians and civilians globally.
It added that his death had significantly disrupted ISIS command structure, operational coordination, and external attack networks.
“Other terrorist figures eliminated include Abd-al Wahhab, ISWAP senior leader responsible for coordinating attacks and distributing propaganda, Abu Musa al-Mangawi, ISWAP senior member, and Abu al-Muthanna al-Muhajir, ISWAP senior media production team manager and close confidant of Al-Minuki,” the statement added.
The DHQ said the joint operations underscore the continued efforts of the Armed Forces of Nigeria to eliminate terrorist threats across the country.
It added that the operations would continue to target and destroy groups threatening national and regional security.
On Monday, DHQ said more than 20 Islamic State West Africa Province fighters had been killed during fresh coordinated air strikes in the North-East.